Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My First Marshmallow Fondant Cake


I made this for my Mom because she just starting teaching 3rd grade full-time. She has been teaching part-time the last few years and is now going for time. I was hoping it would brighten her day a little. It is nothing close to perfect but it is fun.

How many of you have ever used fondant? What do you think? I am also making my Mother In-law a graduation cake because she just graduated with her Masters Degree! Yeah Shelly! She is also an Elementary Teacher in Riverside, California.

I am really excited to make a big fun Winnie the Pooh cake for Aden's first birthday this month. It keeps me up late at night designing it. I think I finially decided what I want to do. Did any of you have a fun party for you babies first? What did your cakes look like?

Thanks for checking out my blog!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is cute!!! I am excited to see what you create with the winnie the pooh cake. I am wanting to get into decorating cakes, and am interested in the fondant as well. :)

Amiee said...

Cute! It turned out really well! Well you kind of already know what i did for Kyla's birthdays. Her 1st birthday I didn't make a cake or anything but we got the free albertson's cake and then got some brownies and other stuff as well. We played with bubbles and balloons at her party too. For her second I made those Elmo cupcakes and had an Elmo party! Anyway, can't wait to see Aden's Winnie the Pooh cake!

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

I loved the fondant surprise Heidi! Thanks for thinking of me.